Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I LOVE MILAN!!

Hello there CG lovers!!
hope your holidays are going exactly how you wish them to!!!
as far as im concerned, Italy is doing me quite well.
I was in Milan this past weekend and i could not wait to come back and share with you guys!Milan is by far one of my favorite cities out here right along with Rome!!( ill make sure to share that next!)
i only had a full day in Milan, which as you would expect i very diligently spent shopping!!!
The Duomo its breathtaking and no matter how many times i have seen it, i cant help but take pictures of it every single time!at least this time i have you to show it to!!!:)

The shopping strip by the Duomo is just great, especially during the holidays. The giant Christmas tree was up (even though i did not quite appreciate that as much since it was a commercial stunt for a shipping company...blah).

it also looked like the city was getting ready for a world wide fair of some sort, so the shopping strip was side lined by flags from all over the world!
while walking around i could not help but stop and grab an hand-full of my favorite winter treat! roasted hazelnuts. New York has the cart hotdogs, Milan has the cart hazelnut ( they win on health benefit!).
When in Milan i like to walk but even more i love to take the metro, not quite sure why, since it can be really crowded, or like on saturday be on strike for a good part of the day. my shopping was not as fulfilling as i wished it to be...being six feet with wide shoulders makes it pretty hard to fit into anything...but everyone can fit nice scarfs and purses and accessories!!!:)

photo credit Christina Reed
I enjoyed Milan but unfortunately my time there was limited. when it came time to get ready to go back to Ragusa, a little twist to my trip happened. i dont know if you guys know this but in Sicily near my city there is an active volcano, mount Etna and well it erupted canceling a lot of the flights back and in my case delaying it. but i made it back safely and everything is okay!!!!
until next time CG lovers!
BE ART WEAR ART!








No comments:

Post a Comment